National Physicians Alliance

Committed to Advancing the Core Values of the Medical Profession:

Service, Integrity, and Advocacy

Nov. 10-11, 2012 Mark Your Calendars for the 7th NPA Annual Conference! CME available, learn more >>>

Posted by Becky Martin, NPA Interim Operations Director October 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Join us in historic Alexandria, Virginia
just minutes from Washington, DC!

Click here to view the full program
Click here to register

–>CME Available This Year!<–
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM

(Scroll down or click here for Accreditation details) 

Confirmed Speakers Include:

• Jeffrey Brenner, MD, Director, Institute for Urban Health at Cooper University Hospital; Founder and Executive Director of the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers; Adjunct Assistant Professor, The Dartmouth Institute
  • Shannon Brownlee, Acting Director Health Policy Program, New America Foundation
  • Christine Cassel, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the ABIM Foundation
  • Jeff Chester, Executive Director, Center for Digital Democracy
  • Vinnie DeMarco, President of the Maryland Citizens’ Health Initiative
  • Burton Edelstein, DDS, MPH, Founding Director Children’s Dental Health Project
  • Harvey V. Fineberg, MD, PhD,  President, Institute of Medicine
  • Jordan Goldberg, State Advocacy Counsel, Center for Reproductive Rights
  • Cathy Hurwit, Chief of Staff and Legislative Aide, Office of Rep. Jan Schakowsky
  • Richard Kirsch, Senior Fellow at the Roosevelt Institute, author of Fighting for Our Health: The Epic Battle to Make Health Care a Right in the United States
  • Amanda Kost, MD, Family Medicine Advising Faculty, University of Washington, NPA Good Stewardship Project Demonstration Practice Lead
  • Rev. Edward Livingston, Executive Director, Camden Churches Organized for People
  • Jennifer McClellan, Virginia State House Delegate
  • Len Nichols, PhD, Director, Center for Health Policy Research and Ethics,
    George Mason University
  • Michael Oldani, PhD, MS, Associate Professor of Medical Anthropology and Director of the Family and Health Studies Program at the University of Wisconsin
  • John Santa, MD, Director, Consumer Reports Health Ratings Center
  • Gurkirpal Singh, MD, Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine, Stanford University
  • Neel Shah, MD,  Executive Director, Costs of Care
  • Stephen Smith, MD, MPH, Professor Emeritus of Family Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
  • Louis W. Sullivan, MD, former U.S. Secretary for Health and Human Services, founder of the Morehouse School of Medicine, and current Chairman of the board of the National Health Museum in Atlanta, GA as well as Chairman of the Sullivan Alliance to Transform America’s Health Professions
  • Dan Vice, Senior Attorney, Brady Center Legal Action Project
  • Wells Wilkinson, Project Director, Prescription Access Litigation at Community Catalyst

Click here to view the full program and learn more about the
NPA  7th Annual Conference in Alexandria, VA

CME Accreditation Statement

Program Name/Date and Location

National Physicians Alliance (NPA)
7th Annual Conference :  Leading the Way: the Next Chapter in America’s Health
November 10 & 11, 2012 – Alexandria, VA

Target Audience

Physicians, medical students, allied health professionals, and others interested in health policy.

Learning Objectives

• To develop clinical competence and health systems awareness on behalf of patients;
• To deepen physicians’ understanding of health policy implications for providers and patients;
• To broaden awareness of advocacy opportunities for physicians and local practice reforms that can address the challenges of uncontrolled health care costs and the root causes of health disparities, including disparities in oral health;
• To raise awareness among physicians regarding pervasive marketing strategies deployed by the pharmaceutical industry to influence prescribing habits
• To promote practice reform that will prioritize evidence-based treatment decisions as identified in the Top 5 Lists of the Choosing Wisely Campaign
• To fortify physicians’ discussions with experts, colleagues, and patients regarding the scope and implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of CME Outfitters, LLC and the National Physicians Alliance.  CME Outfitters, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.

Credit Designation

CME Outfitters, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.  Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.

Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Resolution

All conflicts of interest of any individual(s) in a position to control the content of this CME activity will be identified and resolved prior to this educational activity being provided. Disclosure about provider and faculty relationships, or the lack thereof, will be provided to the learners.

For more information/Contact information

National Physicians Alliance
888 16th St. NW, Suite 800, PMB#835
Washington, DC 20006
p. 202.420.7896

Becky Martin, Project Manager
National Physicians Alliance (NPA)
cell:  941/518-7051

Conference Information

Conference information and a program agenda with dates, session times,
faculty names, degrees, titles and affiliations is available at

Registration Information

Registration information and fees are available at

Comment With Facebook