Posted by Becky Martin, NPA Advocacy Director August 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM
The NPA views gun violence as a public health crisis, appropriately addressed through a preventive framework, and we support a comprehensive approach to this issue. Our policy recommendations include stronger regulation of guns; robust funding for research on gun violence; federal protection of clinical free speech; and improved access to and support for mental health services.
NPA Stands for Commonsense Solutions to Gun Violence
- NPA Policy Statement: Gun Violence – A Public Health Issue
- NPA Policy Statement: Protecting Free Speech between Patients & Physicians
- Gun Safety & Public Health: Policy Recommendations for a More Secure America
from NPA and the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
NPA Gun Violence & Public Health Webinar Series
- The Truth About Suicide & Guns (Sept 2015)
- Guns & Gag Laws: 2015 State Legislative Update (June 2015)
- The Cost of Gun Violence & Financing the Gun Industry (May 2015)
- Nothing More Basic: Best Practices to Promote Safe Gun Storage (April 2015)
- Who is Dangerous? Gun Laws, Mental Health, Suicides, & Restraining Orders (March 2015)
- Gun Laws, Gag Laws & Domestic Violence (Feb 2015)
NPA Gun Violence Prevention Resources for Physicians
- NPA Gun Violence Screening-Tool Pocket Cards for Physicians and Patient Handouts for Exam & Waiting Rooms
Limited Free Resources – View & Order Today!
- Fact Sheet – Gun Violence in the U.S.
- Fact Sheet – Myth vs. Facts: Research on Gun Violence
- NPA Gun Violence Prevention Reading Room
Take Action with NPA
- Get involved with NPA efforts to prevent gun violence & sign-up for Action Alerts
- Share your clinical or personal story about gun violence
- To find information, helpful resources, and action opportunities related to this important public health issue, please visit NPAlliance.org/gun-violence-prevention