The 2010 federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) put America on the path to quality and affordable health care for all. Over the years the law has faced a multitude of legal and political challenges from opponents seeking to overturn its new health insurance regulations, consumer protections, and coverage expansions. The NPA is actively working to ensure that these protections and coverage expansions guaranteed through the ACA are built upon, not dismantled.
- Speak Out to Your Congress Members and State Legislators
- Find Your Legislators – includes contact info for DC and district offices
- Congress members and health justice allies are holding “Town Hall” events around the country – find actions at Town Hall Project
- Calling Your Elected Officials: NPA Guide for the Hesitant
- Meeting with Your State & Federal Elected Officials: Lobbying Tips for Physicians
- Tell us about your outreach to and discussions with your congress members – Policy-Maker Meeting Report Form
- Write a Letter to the Editor or post for the NPA Blog (see fact sheets below)
- Share Your Stories about uninsured and underinsured people you cared for before the ACA, and how repeal of the ACA without equal or better replacement would affect your practice and ability to care for patients in your community moving forward – coming soon!
NPA Fact Sheets
- Affordable Care Act Repeal: Impact on Patients & Communities
- Medicaid Block Grants: Unhealthy for Patients, States, and Our Nation
- ACA Impact on Opioid Use Disorder
- Opioid Overdose Deaths Exceed Motor Vehicle Deaths in U.S.
- Become a member of the NPA – Get regular updates on health reform and actions in your area, free resources for you and your practice, and ongoing advocacy training
- Join us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- NPA Local Action Networks & Health Care Justice Suppers:
Toolkits for Local Physician Engagement – coming soon!