To educate and empower a multispecialty group of NPA members, free of conflict-of-interest, to provide unbiased expertise in evaluating and responding to the FDA regulatory process in a way that maximizes meaningful clinical outcomes for our patients.
Task Force Activities:
- Assist members in becoming physician representatives on FDA advisory committees
- Review of FDA-related issues affecting patient health
- Develop NPA’s policy recommendations, public comments and educational resources
- Advocate in support of patient-centered regulatory reform, including public testimony, op-eds, etc.
- Educate our members on the regulatory process and on evaluating the scientific methods behind drug and device approvals
- Work with a coalition of groups concerned with maintaining integrity of the FDA and keeping drugs and devices safe and affordable
- NPA Public Comments on FDA Issues
- Blog Posts by FDA Task Force Members
- Advocacy and Outreach by NPA Leadership
- NPA FDA Task Force in the News
- We believe the nation’s food supply should be kept safe for immediate consumption and should also cause no harm to our population over time.
- We believe that drug, biologic and medical device regulation should be based in transparency, integrity and accountability, firmly grounded in scientific evidence and driven by public health interests.
- We strongly support the development of meaningful new treatment options and recognize the need to improve the efficiency of clinical trials to expedite obtaining clinically relevant information.
- We believe that the process used to approve these options should be based on substantial evidence from adequate and well-controlled clinical trials regarding both safety and efficacy of products and procedures.
- We believe medical treatments found to be of value must be made affordable to all our patients.
- Finally, as providers, we believe that the FDA regulatory process, including policies on dissemination of information by the FDA, pharmaceutical and device manufacturers and researchers, should allow us to make informed clinical decisions in a way that optimizes patient health and safety.
For more information or to apply to join the NPA’s FDA Task Force, contact: email@example.com