From NPA and the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
From the Academic Literature
- IOM Consensus Report: Priorities for a Public Health Research Agenda to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence
Alan I. Leshner, Bruce M. Altevogt, Arlene F. Lee, Margaret A. McCoy, and Patrick W. Kelley, Editors. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council. The National Academies Press. June 2013.
- Guns & Suicide: The Hidden Toll – Special Report, Madeline Drexler, Editor, Harvard Public Health. Spring 2013.
- Public Health Approach to the Prevention of Gun Violence, David Hemenway, PhD, and Matthew Miller, MD, MPH, ScD. April 12, 2013. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMsb1302631
- If guns don’t kill people, ignorance might, Edward Davies, BMJ 2013;346:f1058
- Silencing the Science on Gun Research, Arthur L. Kellermann, MD, MPH; Frederick P. Rivara, MD, MPH JAMA. 2012; :1-2. doi:10.1001/jama.2012.208207
- Curbing Gun Violence: Lessons From Public Health Successes, Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, DrPH; David Hemenway, PhD; David S. Ludwig, MD, PhD JAMA. 2013; :1-2. doi:10.1001/jama.2013.38.
- Viewpoint: Weapons of Mass Destruction, Jerome P. Kassirer, MD Arch Intern Med. 2012; :1-2. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.4026.
- Perspective: Tragedy’s Legacy, Garen J. Wintemute, M.D., M.P.H., Dec 26, 2012 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp1215491
- NPA Letter to U.S. Senators–Vote for Commonsense Gun Laws (April 2013)
(Letter to Sen. Reid linked here, individualized letters were sent to each senator.)
- NPA Policy Statement: Gun Violence – A Public Health Issue (Feb 2013)
- NPA Policy Statement: Protecting Free Speech between Patients & Physicians (Feb 2013)
- NPA Comments Submitted to Vice President Biden’s Taskforce on Gun Violence Prevention (Jan 2013)
- National Physicians Alliance Calls for Assault Weapons Ban and Sensible Gun Control (NPA Press Release, Dec 20, 2012)