Did You Know?
- In 2005, the pharmaceutical industry spent almost $1.1 billion on continuing medical education (ACCME 2006)
- It is estimated that for every $1.00 the industry invests in CME or similar meetings, it reaps $3.56 in increased sales (Healy 2007)
- Interviews with professionals who organize CME at various medical centers reveal that pharmaceutical funding has a large influence on the topics that are discussed (Prescription Project)
- Separating Continuing Medical Education From Pharmaceutical Marketing (JAMA)
- Commercial Support and Continuing Medical Education (NEJM)
- Pharmaceutical Industry Financial Support for Medical Education: Benefit, or Undue Influence? (Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics)