A Local Network is a group of NPA members in a defined geographic area. Some Local Networks focus on issues and activities championed by the national organization, while others focus on local priorities that are consonant with the NPA mission.
Starting a Local Network
We invite all NPA members to join a Local Network, or form a new one if none exist in your area. Starting a Local Network is simple:
1) Check the map to find a network in your area.
2) If no network exists, send an e-mail to email@example.com to set up your own network.
3) We’ll help you choose a geographic name for your network that does not overlap with existing networks.
4) Select a leader for your network and provide the leader’s contact information.
5) Your leader will be included on our Local Network listserv and receive e-mail updates and invitations to our monthly conference calls.
6) We will set up your network with the following tools:
- An official npalliance.net e-mail address for your network
- E-mail broadcast ability to other NPA members in your area
- An official page for your network on our website
- Local access to our Facebook page
7) With these tools, you’ll be ready to hold your first meeting.
8) Don’t forget to keep attendance at meetings, including contact information. This helps us to grow your network and the national organization.