NPA 9th Annual Conference
Price, Profit & Reward: Winners & Losers
in Healthcare Transformation
October 24 & 25, 2014
In the New York City Metro Area
Friday – October 24 Location:
Consumer Reports National Research & Testing Center
101 Truman Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10703-1057
(914) 378-2000 ~ Map
(Private Group Tours of Testing Labs Included)
View Current Program*
Registration is now closed.
Friday Keynote Addresses:
- The Evidence on How to Talk about Evidence
Steve Woloshin MD – Professor of Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth; Co-Director Medicine and the Media Program
Lisa Schwartz, MD, MS – Professor of Medicine, of Community Medicine and of the Dartmouth Institute; Co-Director Medicine and the Media Program
- The Power of Transparency
Marshall Allen, ProPublica Reporter with discussion moderated by John Santa, MD, MPH, NPA Treasurer, and Medical Director at Consumer Reports
Friday Evening Cocktail Reception & Dinner
Saturday – October 25, 2014
NPA Summit on Healthcare Transformation
Join NPA members for a provocative, multi-stakeholder, conversation with physicians, medical students, consumers, and innovators designed to address difficult issues surrounding cultural shifts required to achieve high value health care.
9:00am to 4:30pm at the historic Hudson River Museum
511 Warburton Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701 – Map & Directions
- Elisabeth Rosenthal, MD, senior writer for The New York Times, author of provocative 2013-14 series about high health care costs, “Paying Till it Hurts”
- Lauren Taylor, MPH, co-author, with Elizabeth Bradley, of The American Health Care Paradox: Why Spending More is Getting Us Less
- Steven D. Pearson, MD, MSc, FRCP, Founder & President of the Institute for Clinical & Economic Review
Discussion Areas: Public Good, Price, Waste & Overtreatment
- How can physicians help re-direct poorly spent resources in the health sector into wiser investments to address the health of the wider community?
- What can physicians do to promote fair and transparent pricing in health care?
- As NPA lit the spark for Choosing WiselyR, what is the next important conversation around stewardship of clinical care that physicians should ignite?
Hotel & Transportation
The NPA group reservation block is now full. Rooms may still be available at the hotel’s regular rate, please contact the hotel directly to determine availability and rate via the Hampton Inn reservation line: (914) 377-1144
Shuttle bus transportation between hotel, conference venues and Friday evening reception will be provided for those staying at the Hampton Inn.
Hampton Inn & Suites – 160 Corporate Blvd, Yonkers, NY, 10701
Direct: (914) 595-3007
If you have questions or need assistance please contact Becky Martin, NPA Director of Project Management at email@example.com