- 1 Register Today for the NPA’s 8th Annual Conference, OCT 19 & 20, 2013 in Washington DC
- 1.1 “Leading the Way: Courage & Innovation in Patient-Centered Reform”
- 1.2 –>REGISTER HERE!<–
- 1.3 Conference Schedule
- 1.4 Plan to join NPA Members and friends from across the country in Washington DC to share energy, inspiration, and knowledge!
- 1.5 2 special training sessions with one of DC’s premier media teams: KNP Communications
- 1.6 Additional sessions will include:
- 1.7 –>REGISTER HERE!<–
- 1.8 Conference Schedule
- 2 Plan to join us in Washington DC, October 19-21, 2013
Register Today for the NPA’s 8th Annual Conference, OCT 19 & 20, 2013 in Washington DC
“Leading the Way: Courage & Innovation in Patient-Centered Reform”
Courage in Medicine
Otis Webb Brawley, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President of the American Cancer Society
Leonore Tiefer, PhD, clinical psychologist and author of Sex is Not a Natural Act (Boulder: Westview Press, 2nd edition, 2004)
and Kim Witczak, patient advocate who became involved in pharmaceutical drug safety issues after the 2003 death of her husband as a result of an undisclosed drug side effect. In 2008 she was appointed to the FDA’s Psychopharmacologic Drugs Advisory Committee as a Patient Representative.
Can’t come to the conference? Register to watch a live webcast of the National Grand Rounds!
2 special training sessions
with one of DC’s premier media teams:
The Art of Persuasion
This core training has been provided to hundreds of Senators, Congressional Representatives, CEOs, and leaders of nonprofit and government organizations.
This session covers:
- strategies for connecting with various audiences
- an interactive overview of nonverbal cues
- the uses of story
- techniques for compelling Q+A sessions
Effective Messaging for Preventing Gun Violence
This training will cover messaging guidance on gun violence prevention that has helped to frame the public debate on this issue since the Newtown tragedy. Key themes include:
- the personal toll of gun violence
- the right to be free from violence in our daily lives
- the changing nature of military-style weapons
- and effective responses to common attacks
Additional sessions will include:
- Quality, Affordable, High Value Care Systems
- Policy Making in Federal Agencies
- Choosing Wisely: Making It Happen
- Innovators’ Forum
- Workforce Challenges in Team-Based Care
Plan to join us in Washington DC, October 19-21, 2013
Stay over Monday, Oct 21, to join NPA members on Capitol Hill
and meet with your congressional representatives.
A Facility Owned and Managed by the American College of Surgeons
20 F Street, NW (near Union Station), Washington, DC, 20001
Directions – Area Map
Hotel & Travel
NPA reserved a limited number of hotel rooms at a special conference rate at the Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC 20001 (near Union Station). The deadline for reservations at the conference rate was Friday, September 20. If you need assistance identifying a hotel in the area please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Poster!
Are you doing exciting new research, implementing quality improvement, building a local network, or advocating for an important issue in your state or nationally? Your NPA colleagues want to learn about it! Submit your work to our 2nd annual poster presentation at the NPA 8th Annual Meeting, October 19-20, 2013 in Washington DC. Click here for details.
Contact Becky Martin, NPA Project Manager, if you have questions or need additional assistance, email@example.com or call 202/420-7896
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.