The NPA views gun violence as a public health crisis, appropriately addressed through a preventive framework, and we support a comprehensive approach to this issue. Our policy recommendations include stronger regulation of guns; robust funding for research on gun violence; federal protection of clinical free speech; and improved access to and support for mental health services.
NPA Stands for Commonsense Solutions to Gun Violence
- NPA Policy Statement: Gun Violence – A Public Health Issue
- NPA Policy Statement: Protecting Free Speech between Patients & Physicians
- Gun Safety & Public Health: Policy Recommendations for a More Secure America
from NPA and the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Speak Out to Your Congress Members and State Legislators
- Find Your Legislators – includes contact info for DC and district offices
- NPA Guide for the Hesitant: Calling Your Elected Officials to Ban Assault Weapons & High-Capacity Magazines
- Lobbying Tips for Physicians: Meeting with Your State & Federal Elected Officials
Write a Letter to the Editor or post for the NPA Blog
- Find your local newspaper
- Tips for Writing LTEs
- NPA Blog Writing Guidelines
Take Action with NPA
- Get involved with NPA efforts to prevent gun violence & sign-up for Action Alerts
- Share your clinical or personal story about gun violence
NPA Gun Violence Prevention Resources for Physicians
- NPA Gun Violence Screening-Tool Pocket Cards for Physicians and Patient Handouts for Exam & Waiting Rooms
Limited Free Resources – View & Order Today!
- Fact Sheet – Gun Violence in the U.S.
- Fact Sheet – Myth vs. Facts: Research on Gun Violence
- NPA Gun Violence Prevention Reading Room
NPA Gun Violence & Public Health Webinar Series
- The Truth About Suicide & Guns (Sept 2015)
- Guns & Gag Laws: 2015 State Legislative Update (June 2015)
- The Cost of Gun Violence & Financing the Gun Industry (May 2015)
- Nothing More Basic: Best Practices to Promote Safe Gun Storage (April 2015)
- Who is Dangerous? Gun Laws, Mental Health, Suicides, & Restraining Orders (March 2015)
- Gun Laws, Gag Laws & Domestic Violence (Feb 2015)
- To find information, helpful resources, and action opportunities related to this important public health issue, please visit NPAlliance.org/gun-violence-prevention
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.