Registration is Open!
NPA 10th Annual Conference
OCT 17-18, 2015 in Washington DC
“Truth to Power: Alliance for the Public Good”
Healing Baltimore: the Power of Civic Engagement & Physician Activism
Dr. Leana Wen, Baltimore City Health Commissioner
An emergency physician, public health leader, author, TED talk wonder, patient advocate, and NPA member, Dr. Wen will share what she has learned and championed as Health Commissioner in a city whose challenges have captured national headlines.
Conference sessions will address:
- Building Health Justice: the Role of Physicians
- Gag laws?! Protecting Free Speech in the Provider-Patient Relationship
- Building A Culture of Responsible Ordering: Organizing for Change
- Incentivizing Innovation: How to Ensure Safe & Effective Drugs & Devices
- Antibiotics… Canaries in the Coalmine? A Look at US Drug Approval
- Standing Our Ground: Gun Violence is a Public Health Issue
- Improving the Visual Expression of Risk, Benefit, & Effectiveness
- Choosing Wisely at the End of Life
- Organizational Integrity: Corporate Relationships & Conflict of Interest
- Marketing Power, Regulatory Weakness: A Recipe for Overprescribing
- Effective Media Engagement Strategies
- Launching NPA’s 2nd Decade: Discussion with Founders & Current Leaders
- Local Organizing 101: How to Get Others Involved with Your Work
- …with plenty of time for networking and greater project engagement!
Special Post-Conference Opportunity
Meet Your Congress Members on Monday, Oct 19
Join NPA members on Capitol Hill for issue briefings over breakfast and then meet with your congressional representatives to discuss issues important to you, your patients, and your community.
Join NPA in Washington DC, October 17-18, 2015
20 F Street NW Conference Center
A Facility Owned and Managed by the American College of Surgeons
20 F Street, NW (near Union Station), Washington, DC, 20001
Directions – Area Map
NPA’s special conference hotel room block has been filled, however rooms may still be available at the Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC 20001 (near Union Station). Please contact the hotel directly to determine availability and make a reservation at (202) 628-2100 or at http://washingtoncourthotel.com/
Submit a Poster!
Are you doing exciting new research, implementing quality improvement, building a local network, or advocating for an important issue in your state or nationally? Your NPA colleagues want to learn about it! Submit your work for display at the NPA 10th Annual Meeting, October 17-18, 2015 in Washington DC. Click here for details.
Contact Becky Martin, NPA Director of Project Management, if you have questions or need additional assistance, email@example.com or call 202/420-7896
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.