- We place the best interests of our patients above all others and avoid conflicts of interest and financial entanglements. The health of our patients is our first concern. (Oath of Geneva)
- We affirm the World Health Organization’s definition of health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
- We believe health is determined by a wide variety of influences beyond biology, including familial, social, psychological, environmental, economic, political, legal, cultural and spiritual factors. Understanding and addressing these complex connections is a duty of our profession.
- We recognize that health and disease are not limited by national borders. We must advocate for national and international policies that support health promotion and disease prevention.
- We advocate for a clean environment, a fundamental requirement for a healthy society.
- We believe that the health care workforce must reflect the diversity of the population.
- We believe every health professional must value and respect cultural diversity in order to provide sensitive and effective care to all patients.
- We seek collaborative and creative solutions with other health professionals and our local communities to protect and improve public health.
- We believe that individual health is tied to the health of communities. Physicians have an important role in ensuring a strong and viable public health system.
- We support an approach to knowledge acquisition grounded in empirical research, evidence-based conclusions, professional peer review, and transparency of process.
- We acknowledge and respect the long history of medical practice and tradition in all cultures and encourage research into these practices.
The NPA is a non-partisan, non-profit organization. Donations are tax-deductible.
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.