There is a growing need for physicians to limit their marketing relationships with pharmaceutical companies.
- According to the New England Journal of Medicine, 94% of physicians accept gifts, payments, reimbursements or other financial incentives from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Numerous studies have demonstrated that such gifts and payments directly influence medical decision-making.
- It has become difficult for physicians to find and distinguish legitimate, evidence-based sources of medical information from biased, industry-influenced sources.
- The very distinction between marketing and education has been blurred.
Physicians must reclaim medical practice and training environments from undue marketing pressures. The National Physicians Alliance encourages all doctors to join our network of Unbranded Doctors — a national network of physicians committed to reducing the influence of pharmaceutical marketing on our profession.
The National Physicians Alliance’s Unbranded Doctor is unmasking the pharmaceutical industry’s bogus claim that its marketing efforts are just educational ventures for physicians. By signing up physicians to renounce gifts, lecture fees, and “education” from companies, the Alliance is championing objectivity, integrity, and professionalism.
—Jerome Kassirer, MD
former Editor-in-Chief, New England Journal of Medicine
- 1 Join the NPA Network of Unbranded Doctors
- 1.0.1 Learn about The Partnership to Advance Conflict-free Medical Education (PACME)
- 1.0.2 Read the NPA Position Paper on Integrity & Trust in Medicine
- 1.0.3 Resources
- 1.0.4 Media Coverage Related to Conflict-of-Interest
- 1.0.5 Take the Unbranded Doctor Survey
- 1.0.6 Story Bank: Share Your Encounters with Marketing
- 1.0.7 The Unbranded Doctor Store
- 1.0.8 Help Support Conflict-Free Medicine
Join the NPA Network of Unbranded Doctors
Learn about The Partnership to Advance Conflict-free Medical Education (PACME)
- National Grand Rounds Series Archive
- Avoiding Conflict-of-Interest in Medicine Leadership Development Lecture Series Archive
- Reading Room
- Brochures and Multi-Media
- Conflicts of Interest with Pharmaceutical Industry
- Sources of Medical Information and CME
- Other Helpful Links
Take the Unbranded Doctor Survey
The Unbranded Doctor Store
Help Support Conflict-Free Medicine
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.