The NPA is mobilizing physicians locally and nationally in the fight for a just, equitable, caring, and effective health care system. Our work is guided by the principles for health care reform advanced by the Institute of Medicine:
- Health care coverage should be universal.
- Health care coverage should be continuous.
- Health care coverage should be affordable to individuals and families.
- The health insurance strategy should be affordable and sustainable for society.
- Health insurance should enhance health and well-being by promoting access to high-quality care that is effective, efficient, safe, timely, patient-centered, and equitable.
The federal Affordable Care Act, passed in 2010, puts America on the path towards health care for all. Doctors are uniquely positioned to lead in the on-going work of reform, ensuring that the new health law is fully implemented and that additional legislative advances are made in states and in Congress. To guarantee steady improvement for patients and doctors alike, the NPA offers America’s 800,000 physicians a coordinated, professional home in which to share new ideas, push for system improvements, and promote the health of patients and communities.
Click here for more information on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and how you can become involved in the NPA’s work to Secure Health Care for All.
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.