To educate and empower a multispecialty group of NPA members, free of conflict-of-interest, to provide unbiased expertise in evaluating and responding to the FDA regulatory process in a way that maximizes meaningful clinical outcomes for our patients.
Task Force Activities:
- Assist members in becoming physician representatives on FDA advisory committees
- Review of FDA-related issues affecting patient health
- Develop NPA’s policy recommendations, public comments and educational resources
- Advocate in support of patient-centered regulatory reform, including public testimony, op-eds, etc.
- Educate our members on the regulatory process and on evaluating the scientific methods behind drug and device approvals
- Work with a coalition of groups concerned with maintaining integrity of the FDA and keeping drugs and devices safe and affordable
- NPA Public Comments on FDA Issues
- Blog Posts by FDA Task Force Members
- Advocacy and Outreach by NPA Leadership
- NPA FDA Task Force in the News
- We believe the nation’s food supply should be kept safe for immediate consumption and should also cause no harm to our population over time.
- We believe that drug, biologic and medical device regulation should be based in transparency, integrity and accountability, firmly grounded in scientific evidence and driven by public health interests.
- We strongly support the development of meaningful new treatment options and recognize the need to improve the efficiency of clinical trials to expedite obtaining clinically relevant information.
- We believe that the process used to approve these options should be based on substantial evidence from adequate and well-controlled clinical trials regarding both safety and efficacy of products and procedures.
- We believe medical treatments found to be of value must be made affordable to all our patients.
- Finally, as providers, we believe that the FDA regulatory process, including policies on dissemination of information by the FDA, pharmaceutical and device manufacturers and researchers, should allow us to make informed clinical decisions in a way that optimizes patient health and safety.
- US Food and Drug Administration
- FDA Advisory Committees
For more information or to apply to join the NPA’s FDA Task Force, contact: email@example.com
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.