Did You Know?
- Medical writers are hired by pharmaceutical and communication companies to draft articles that promote their drugs in a favorable light
- Physicians are then paid to sign-on as “authors” of the ghostwritten articles
- Ross et. al. found review manuscripts were often prepared by ghostwriters and published by academically affiliated investigators who often did not disclose their financial ties to the industry (Ross et. al. 2008)
- Ghostwritten papers paid by Wyeth (promoting the benefits hormone drugs) between 1998 and 2005 appeared in 18 medical journals, including The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Singer 2009)
- Guest Authorship and Ghostwriting in Publications Related to Rofecoxib: A Case Study of Industry Documents From Rofecoxib Litigation (JAMA)
- Medical Papers by Ghostwriters Pushed Therapy (New York Times)
- Ghostwriting at Elite Academic Medical Centers in the United States (PLoS Med)
- The Haunting of Medical Journals: How Ghostwriting Sold “HRT” (PLoS Med)
Take Action: Join the NPA’s Unbranded Doctor Network!
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.