Membership Benefits and FAQs
NPA membership provides a national network and forum for physicians of all specialties. Opportunities for direct involvement range from attendance at local events and national conferences to active participation on working committees. Members may join interest-based working groups, local networks, or national working committees to participate in NPA policy development and grassroots outreach. Other membership benefits include:
- Reduced registration fee for NPA conferences (for members contributing $100 or more annually)
- NPA News, our monthly e-newsletter, providing updates on the organization’s work
- Easy participation in on-line advocacy campaigns, involving simple steps you can take to influence policymakers
- The opportunity to join our Industry-Free Speakers’ Database
- NPA Member Insurance Program (see below)
- Bekins Moving Discount (see below)
- Reduced subscription rates for a range of high quality health-related publications as described below
BEKINS MOVING DISCOUNT:
The National Physicians Alliance has partnered with Bekins Van Lines to provide NPA members with expanded services and benefits–all at a discounted rate. Bekins Van Lines is the oldest and one of the most recognized names in the relocation industry, and has helped thousands of Physicians and Healthcare Professionals with their moves. Bekins also offers many value added services beyond the actual move.
Click here for more information.
NPA MEMBER INSURANCE PROGRAM:
Pearl Insurance is now the NPA Member Insurance Program Administrator and Exclusive Sponsor of Disability, Automobile, and Homeowners Insurance for NPA members. You can now obtain the following insurance products through the NPA Member Insurance Program:
- Individual Disability Income Insurance: Protects your most valuable financial asset-your ability to work and earn an income; it’s non-cancelable, with guaranteed premium rates to age 65, and a 10% discount for NPA members!
- Automobile Insurance: Provides bodily injury liability, personal injury protection, property damage liability, collision, comprehensive and uninsured motorists coverage to help you feel secure on the road.
- Homeowners Insurance: Covers structures on your property and the personal possessions inside them, additional living expenses while the house is being restored after a disaster, and accidental injuries caused to third parties and/or their property.
The Bellevue Literary Review
The Bellevue Literary Review is a unique literary magazine that examines human existence through the prism of health and healing, illness and disease. Edited by the acclaimed author Danielle Ofri, MD, and published by the department of medicine at New York University, the BLR offers poetry and prose of stunningly high quality. BLR writers have appeared in the Best American Essays series three years running as well as in Pushcart’s Best of the Small Presses 2005.
As a special gift to NPA members, the Bellevue Literary Review is now offeringtwo three-year subscriptions for the price of one. What an easy way to let a friend or relative understand what medicine really involves….
The Carlat Psychiatry Report
The Carlat Psychiatry Report (TCPR) is an eight-page monthly newsletter that provides clinically relevant, unbiased information on psychiatric practice. We receive no drug industry funding, which allows a clear-eyed evaluation of all available treatments.
Each issue includes reviews of the latest medications, updates on the latest research,interviews with national experts, plus many more features.
TCPR is pleased to announce a special discounted subscription rate of $79 to all NPA members. This special offer includes:
- FREE Medication Fact Book – 49 at-a-glance fact sheets (a $25.95 value)
- One Year – 12 monthly issues – subscription (Regularly $109 per year)
- Full online access to all archive newsletters, over 260 articles, and our New CME Center
- Up to 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM per year
Click here to subscribe at the special rate. Or cut and paste the following address into your web browser: http://www.TheCarlatReport.com/NPA.
The Medical Letter is offering its two most popular publications at discounted rates to members of the NPA. The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics is a peer-reviewed biweekly publication which provides unbiased critical evaluation of new drugs; appraisal of new drugs for effectiveness, toxicity and cost; and discussion of possible alternatives. There is also an occasional review of a new non-drug treatment or a new diagnostic aid.
1 yr. $76 15% discount
2 yr. $143 20% discount
3 yr. $203 25% discount
Treatment Guidelines from The Medical Letter is an unbiased, independent, peer-reviewed monthly publication that provides the latest information on drugs for treating the major indications; recommendations for first-choice and alternative drugs; comparative assessments of the drugs’ effectiveness, safety and cost; and charts and tables for easy reference.
1 yr. $83 15% discount
2 yr. $159 20% discount
3 yr. $223 25% discount
Nutrition Action Health Letter
Since 1971, the Center for Science in the Public Interest has been a strong advocate for nutrition and health, food safety, alcohol policy, and sound science. Its award-winning newsletter, Nutrition Action Healthletter, is the largest-circulation health newsletter in North America, providing reliable information on nutrition and health.
Paying members of the NPA are eligible to opt-in for a free one-year subscription to the Nutrition Action Health Letter. To take advantage of this offer, click here .
As the NPA grows, we are exploring the following benefits:
- National and regional Leadership Training in subjects such as public health, health disparities, and community activism
- Patient-Provider Resource Center
- Opportunity to serve as a mentor to medical students
- Lobbying trainings and organized days for NPA members and friends
- Continuing Medical Education opportunities through workshops and presentations around the country, free of pharmaceutical-industry sponsorship
- Financial planning/investment services
- Access to and opportunity to sign up for one or more of the following: Volunteer Bank, Speaker Database, Disaster Relief Board, Practice management – IT, patient handouts, EMR, reimbursement help
We welcome your suggestions for future NPA benefits. To send the membership committee your ideas, simply click here!
What makes the NPA different?
The NPA was founded to bring a new voice to organized medicine. Nimble, transparent, and participatory, our organization defies the traditional in critical ways:
1) The NPA does not accept funding from pharmaceutical or medical device companies.
2) The NPA’s bylaws empower a Council of Consumers to directly influence NPA policies related to the consumers of health care services.
3) The NPA is a multi-specialty, multi-issue organization that will put health before business, patients before politics, and profession above privilege.
Why join the NPA now?
Because you are needed. Because your insight, experience, and desire to practice good medicine in a healthy, honest environment warrant strong backing from thousands of your professional colleagues. There is enormous momentum for change. All over the country, doctors are making the investment to join the National Physicians Alliance. This organization will be judged by our actions -which will depend on our strength-which depends on membership. By joining the NPA now, you will be helping to launch, shape, and energize a new organization that will represent both you and your patients. Remember: the antidote to despair is action. Join today.
How will I make my voice heard?
The NPA values your input. If you have an idea for a local project or pilot program that shares the NPA’s vision, we want to enable your success. If you are already working on projects that resonate with the NPA’s mission, we want to help. If you’re simply frustrated, we want to connect you with docs who share your feelings and are ready to do something about them.
There are many ways for members to become involved in the NPA and your active participation is deeply encouraged. By joining an NPA Local Network or a national committee, you will become part of an active, multi-specialty physician community dedicated to addressing core challenges in our profession. You will be empowered with greater agility, wider input, and the kind of follow-through that is only possible with coordinated leadership.
Barbara Meier schreibt seit vielen Jahren für die NPAlliance Ratgeber und Testberichte. Dabei legt sie großen Wert auf die Ausführlichkeit sowie Richtigkeit ihrer Artikel. Sie zählt zu den wenigen Experten in ihrem Gebiet und hat sich über die letzten Jahren einen Namen in der Gesundheitsbranche gemacht.